Filled With Praise Blog Party

Amy over at the Filled With Praise Blog, is hosting a 'blog party' today to try and get to know her readers/bloggy friends...she will being doing a drawing for some pretty cool prizes, if you link up you blog with the answers to these questions...here is a little about me, please let me know if you do it so I can read about you as well!

If you could have dinner with any person (past or present) who would it be?

     It would be Amy Carmichael, though I doubt she would have anytime to sit and have dinner....
     She served in India for fifty-five years without a furlough, dieing there at the age of 83. She heard, Hudson Taylor,  founder of the China Inland Mission speak about missionary life and she was ready to sail, however they decided that her health made her unfit for the work. She suffered neuralgia, a disease of the nerves that made her whole body weak and achy and often put her in bed for weeks on end. SO she join a different society, and save 100's of Hindu Temple children, young girls dedicated to the gods and forced into prostitution to earn money for the priests. In an effort to respect Indian culture, She herself dressed in Indian clothes, dyed her skin with dark coffee, and often traveled long distances on India's hot, dusty roads to save just one child from suffering. While serving in India, Amy received a letter from a young lady who was considering life as a missionary. She asked Amy, "What is missionary life like?" Amy wrote back saying simply, "Missionary life is a simply a chance to die". She has a very encouraging, motivating book about her life called, A Chance to Die.


What is your most embarrassing moment that you are willing to share with the blogging world? 

I have had many of these through out my short life, thankfully I do not get embarrassed too easily. Let's see... I went back to work 4 months after Sadie was born and was still breastfeeding so I had to pump a few times a day in the bathroom on the other-side of my work building....so you can just imagine between pumps, leaks, milk bottles.....


And learning a new language has it fair share of laughs....I have asked a guy if it would be "swimming" this weekend instead of "snowing". I also told a lady that I love her new "Horse Cut" instead of "hair cut". And my wonderful speech impediment, that I though I had over come suddenly reappears and makes the U and R sound impossible!  

If you could only use one word to describe yourself, what would it be?

Busy-body - sometimes in a good way, sometimes not. I can't sit still for anything (even when I am blogging I have to be doing something else) I do not enjoy movies or tv because I cant sit still that long. {all through I do enjoy a good book when I am falling asleep at night} I got that nick-name when I was young and consistently moving.  

If You found a machine that allows you to fast forward your life to a moment or to rewind your life to a certain moment, but it can only be used for one moment.  Would you fast forward or rewind and to which moment would you choose?


This one is Hard! Being in the adoption process...I would fast forward to meeting my precious child for the first time. Through I would love to rewind to our conversation, when it was evident that we were to move forward. We had been praying (separately) for God to break our hearts with what breaks his, and it just fell into place with both of us. It was just like finding out we were pregnant with Sadie, except with a lot more unknowns! Oh - I would like to rewind to when Sadie was first handed to me and I looked up at Matt, who had tears in his eyes.



 And of course the cliche one, I would love to rewind back to our 2 week engagement! It was a sweet time, crazy, but sweet. Friends and family really pulled together for us, making the perfect wedding....I would not change it for anything. Most things were either given or borrowed by great friends and family and Matt's mom really helped get the reception just perfect with our favorite things - Chicken fingers, Chili's SW egg-rolls (matt's brother-n-law, is a chef and was able to get them), cotton-candy, a delicious cake made by his sister and sparklers! And we they all cleaned up afterward!


 


What is your favorite simple blessing in life?

Being married to guy that seeks the Lord, hearing is prayers for his family, friends and children....and a open internet connection with friends and family - it is a lifeline sometimes being so far away from home.

Bookmark and Share

Amy  – (June 4, 2010 at 5:15 AM)  

I am so happy you linked up. I loved reading your answers and getting to know you better. I too can't wait for the moment you have your baby in your arms at the end of this adoption journey.
Blessings,
Amy

Lauren  – (June 4, 2010 at 6:37 AM)  

What a gorgeous wedding picture! I am so happy to meet you through Amy's party! :) I love Amy Carmichael too ... I am just now reading "Let the Little Children Come" and I'll have to go get A Chance to Die" now too! :)

Heather  – (June 4, 2010 at 7:47 AM)  

Wow! Two week engagement! That is a whirlwind of a time. Good luck in the adoption process! God Bless, Heather

BARBIE  – (June 4, 2010 at 9:22 AM)  

Stopping over from Amy's Blog Party! It was nice to "meet" you. Have a blessed day!

Hannah  – (June 4, 2010 at 10:46 AM)  

Beautiful pictures! I loved the answers you shared. Amy Carmichael sounds like an amazing person! I'd love to dine with her too :)

Anonymous –   – (June 5, 2010 at 6:50 AM)  

What beautiful answers you have. Amy Carmichael has always amazed me.

I stopped over from Amy's....nice to meet you!

Have a wonderful weekend!

Jennifer {Studio JRU}  – (June 6, 2010 at 4:15 PM)  

Wonderful answers... so fun to read! You are a beautiful couple, I love your wedding photo. Blessings during your adoption journey! :)

Mama Mimi  – (June 6, 2010 at 5:04 PM)  

Thanks for your comment! Nice to "meet" you too! But see...I knew that last one was supposed to be serious! ;) OH well...

Post a Comment

Followers

Wild Olive Tees
Grace is our only Hope

Augustine: For grace is given not because we have done good works, but in order that we may be able to do them.

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP