Haight/Ashbury District

Last Sat Matt and I went to the City and ended up in The Haight District...we love to just drive and look at all the unique house and hole in the wall cafes...getting ideas for a Restaurant (a little dream I might share one day)

just for fun here is Robin Williams house in the City atleast that is what everyone said when I ran by it during the Nike Half Marathon
And another huge house that I thought was pretty

Back to my post - A little History of Haight: This San Francisco Neighborhood evokes images of the long-gone '60s hippie culture. Back in the mid-1960s, the corner of Haight and Ashbury was perhaps the most famous intersection in the world, a place where young people came to from all over the world in search of love and peace. Some found it and some didn't, but that was only one chapter in this neighborhood's long and colorful history. I reminds me of Austin.

There were so many neat cafes, vintage thrift stores, old book and record shops.

We ate lunch on one of the cafes outside patios (I can not remember the name of it) but It had amazing crepes and really reasonable.


I also made Matt pose for me in a book store that he went into...

Then we came across China Beach which had a cool view of the bridge...(I talk about views a lot...I guess that is why people pay mega bucks to live here)


And last there was full moon on the way home and it looked really cool over the city...talk about a nice roof top to have!

Unknown  – (January 13, 2009 at 10:35 AM)  

Fantastic pictures! That one on the very top, with you and Matt looking at the sunset, please tell me Sadie took that one. ;)

Kelly  – (January 13, 2009 at 10:37 AM)  

HA would that be funny! Dawn Took it!

Post a Comment

Followers

Wild Olive Tees
Grace is our only Hope

Augustine: For grace is given not because we have done good works, but in order that we may be able to do them.

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP